Christmas Ham Anyone?
What a whirlwind of a year, and how fast has the festive season come round? It feels as though it was only a few months ago we were putting our Christmas trees up. We have decided to start a blog and share with you some of our recipes and tips and tricks that we have learnt along the way of our culinary adventures! Today we will be sharing our FAVOURITE glazed ham recipe! Just thinking of the end result has my mouth salivating. This does require a bit of basting but its well worth it in the end! Recipe is as follows:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together: Apricot Jam/Brown Sugar/Orange Juice
(Later on we will add Brandy and Grand Marnier Liqueur to this mix)
- Gently score the outside of the ham and poke whole cloves into all the intersecting score marks
- Baste the ham with the jam mix and then put into the oven
- Keep basting every 10mins or so, after 30mins has passed add the brandy to the jam mix and baste
- With 15mins to go add the Grand Marnier and baste again
- Ham should be ready after an hour in the oven give or take
- Allow ham to rest, then carve and enjoy!